Tuesday, September 11, 2018

How To: Get Ready For Fall


Fall is finally here. Some people like to hold on to the last signs of summer, but I have gladly accepted that the season has changed. The leaves are starting to turn into red, orange and yellow, the air is crispy and the weather is cold. I think that a lot of readers like fall because it is a great time to get warm and fuzzy. We all have different fall necessities. From my experience, readers love fall more than non-readers because of the great opportunity to read. When the weather is nice, you usually feel guilty if you are not outside. Sure, you can read outside, but you get fewer distractions and more comfiness by reading inside. I love to read in my bed or on the couch, alone, without distraction and with more focus. That is when I get the most reading done. To get back to the subject, today I am going to talk about how I get ready for fall, as a guide. 

  • Switch out your closet
It's time to put those summer clothes away and bring out the sweaters, scarves, and coats. I love fall fashion and usually go for the cozy outfits. I have yet to do this because I'm a very warm person and I still need my T-shirts sometimes, even though I really want to only wear sweaters and cardigans now. The color scheme I tend to go for during this season is mustard yellow, dark red, grey, white, black, military green, beige and brown. 

  • Make a fall TBR 
Books are a big part of my life so of course, a fall TBR would be something I would do to prepare for the season. I love reading thrillers, horror novels, fantasy books and anything that reminds me of fall. This year I'm going to finish The Remnant Chronicles, Jane Eyre, Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children series, It, Harry Potter and much more. You will see my fall TBR in another post. I don't think that I will get to all of them though.

  • Decorate your room 
I do this every year. I try not to overdo it, but I love fall and sometimes there are leaves everywhere and fairy lights and blankets, pillows and candles. This year I am going to try to keep it more simple, but still, make my room cozy. I like having the big surfaces white and then decorate with colors, like black, grey, beige, brown, green (plants) and gold or silver. For fall, I would love to have some more warm tones like brown in my room, but I don't want to spend too much money on redecorating it. I will try to use what I have and make it as cozy as I can. 

  • Watch Halloween movies 
I have already started watching Halloween movies. I recently saw Halloweentown and I love how I got the fall vibes from it. My family does not celebrate Halloween that much. We decorate, watch some Halloween movies and give out candy to children that knock on our door to trick or treat, but that's about it. Maybe that is all you do on Halloween. I don't really know. For fall I like both the classic children's Halloween movies like The Addams Family, Hocus Pocus and Ghostbusters and the scary ones, like The Conjuring and Poltergeist. This year I will probably watch some more horror classics. I have yet to watch Halloween, The Exorcist, and Carrie, for example. 

  • Make some tea, pumpkin spice latte, or whatever drink you prefer
I love tea. I don't like coffee or anything that tastes like it. I usually have my tea while I'm reading or watching a movie. When it's cold outside, my throat gets really dry and I usually cough a lot and then the tea is good because it warms. My favorite flavor right now is blackberry and I either stir some brown sugar in it or honey. I like hot chocolate as well, even though it makes me think of winter.

  • Do some fall activities
Whether it's apple picking, going for a hike, visit a pumpkin patch or collecting leaves, fall activities really sets the mood. I don't have the opportunity to visit a pumpkin patch where I live, but there are always other things to do. I like collecting leaves that I can use for pictures on my Instagram. Otherwise, I don't do that much during fall, except for studying, reading and watching TV shows or movies. This year I want to try some new things. I will make another post about my fall bucket list and maybe that will give you some ideas on some fun things to do this season.


There are of course more things that you can do to get ready for fall. These are just some of them. Fall is one of my favorite seasons. I love how it's the perfect time to read books, because the weather is grey and rainy, at least where I live. The colors of the trees outside are beautiful, the clothes are comfy and Halloween is coming up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment