Sunday, October 28, 2018

The Remnant Chronicles | Book Review (Spoiler Free!)


Author: Mary E. Pearson
Pages: 1646
My Rating: 5/5

"It can take years to mold a dream. It takes only a fraction of a second for it to be shattered."

Goodreads Description for The Kiss of Deception
Lia has survived Venda—but so has a great evil bent on the destruction of Morrighan. And only Lia can stop it.

With war on the horizon, Lia has no choice but to assume her role as First Daughter, as soldier—as leader. While she struggles to reach Morrighan and warn them, she finds herself at cross-purposes with Rafe and suspicious of Kaden, who has hunted her down.
In this conclusion to the Remnant Chronicles trilogy, traitors must be rooted out, sacrifices must be made, and impossible odds must be overcome as the future of every kingdom hangs in the balance.

Review
This is one of the best trilogies I have read for a while. It has it all, action, romance, secrets, twists and turns. When I finished the first book, I was amazed, then the second book was even better, and the third was a great finish to the series. Pearson did not disappoint at all and I'm very excited to read her other books because the writing style was very much my thing. 

I loved the characters! The character development is also great in this book series. Lia is kind of stubborn, which doesn't have to be a bad thing, because she knows what she wants and fights for that to come true. She learns a lot through these books and her independence and self-confidence grow. Rafe and Kaden, also have a great development in personality and values. In the first book, you don't know which of them is the assassin and which is the prince. That's an effective element to the first book, in my opinion, because it's constantly a guessing game. 

The trilogy contains a lot of twists and turns, a lot of hard challenges for characters, not least Lia. I think it's very well planned. By the end of the last book, I felt very attached to the characters and now I'm really going to miss them. I feel like you got to know them so well, to see their ups and downs, and still care for them. 

If you love fantasy and romance and you still haven't read this series, I highly recommend it. It's a book with great rival kingdoms, an amazing setting, loving characters, and an irresistible story. 


No comments:

Post a Comment