Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Spook Week #4 | The Porcelain Doll







































Hello bookworms! This week, I'm trying something new that I call "Spook Week." What it means is basically that each day of this week, I write a ghost story here on this blog. The story will either be true, meaning it's something that I or someone I know have gone through, or it's false, meaning I made it up. In my Instagram story (senseandbookibility) I'll do a poll each day, asking if the story of that day is true or false. Then, at the end of the day, I will let you know if the story was, in fact, true or false. Lastly, I just want to say that this is something I do for fun, both because I love ghost stories and because I love the engagement in the bookish community and I hope that this is something that you will enjoy as well. 

Let the spooky story begin... 


The Porcelain Doll
I opened the birthday present from my Mom, pulled off the floral wrapping. When I saw what was inside, a smile appeared on my face. It was a beautiful porcelain doll, with pale skin and the lightest curly blonde hair. She wore a white wedding dress, decorated with pink flowers. I loved this doll and played around with it the next couple of days. My Mom told me that she looked like me, but I just thought it was the blonde hair that was similar. 

One day, everyone in my family was out. My Mom was grocery shopping and my brother was with friends. I was at the age where I could stay home, but Mom didn't want to leave me for too long. I had refused to go to the supermarket because I wanted to play with my dolls. As soon as Mom left, that's exactly what I did. I loved pretending that they were princesses and that they were going to attend a tea party. 

After about an hour I got very hungry, so I left the porcelain doll on my bed, and went to the kitchen. I took a yogurt and a spoon and went back into my bedroom. I got very confused when I walked into the room, because the doll wasn't laying in my bed anymore, but on the floor. I thought that it might have fallen down and didn't think much more about that. Instead, I continued playing.

When my Mom got home, she wanted me to help her unpack the groceries and called for me. I took the doll with me, but my Mom told me to put her away for now, so I placed her on the stairs. It took a while, helping Mom in the kitchen. We took the dishes as well, and I helped her with dinner. My brother got home and we all ate and talked about the day. My brother had played soccer with his friends, both for fun and to practice for the upcoming game next weekend. Time flew by and before we knew it, it was already getting dark. The night always seemed to come faster in autumn. 

When I walked to the stairs to pick up the doll, she was gone. I felt a chill going through me. I looked everywhere for her, in my room, in the kitchen, in the living room, the bathroom, in panic. Then, I went upstairs and looked into my brother's room and there she was, laying on his bed. I was very confused and spooked by this. I didn't understand how she could move to a different place, without someone moving her. I asked my Mom and my brother if they had moved the doll, but they swore that they hadn't. I also thought about earlier that day, when she suddenly laid on the floor instead of on my bed. I started wondering if the doll had it's own life or something, even though I knew that was impossible. But then how did this happen? 


Photo by Fancycrave on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment