Friday, November 2, 2018

Spook Week #5 | The Old School







































Hello, bookworms! This week, I'm trying something new that I call "Spook Week." What it means is basically that each day of this week, I write a ghost story here on this blog. The story will either be true, meaning it's something that I or someone I know have gone through, or it's false, meaning I made it up. In my Instagram story (senseandbookibility) I'll do a poll each day, asking if the story of that day is true or false. Then, at the end of the day, I will let you know if the story was, in fact, true or false. Lastly, I just want to say that this is something I do for fun, both because I love ghost stories and because I love the engagement in the bookish community and I hope that this is something that you will enjoy as well. 

Let the spooky story begin... 


The Old School
We stood outside the old school, carrying the instruments and other equipment that we needed for the rehearsal. It was an old school that had been running since the 1920s. I worked at the school, which was why we had access to it after school hours. The place was kind of spooky since it was dark, old and abandoned. It was only the bottom floor that was fully renovated, so that's where the students had classes. There was also an attic, that still needed to be renovated, and it was there our band was going to rehearse. 

We took our stuff and went inside. The attic was enormous, with two long ends, the left end, and the right end. The distance between those ends was very big. We put everything in the right end and talked for a while, as we prepared. Since the place looked a bit spooky, we also made jokes and scared each other. We also decided to play hide and seek, and my friend and I ran away toward the left end to hide, thinking that the others would come after us. There was one big assembly hall. It had two doors next to each other. One which was the one that we came through, and which went into a corridor that led back to the right end. One that went into a closed area of the building, which had been shut down for many years. Between the doors was one of the corners of the room. We thought it would be a great idea to hide behind the door we came in, in the corner. Our plan was to hide and then jump out of our hiding place, scaring the others. We looked in excitement at the door we hid behind, waiting for our friends to come. Their laughter could be heard, but it sounded far away, coming from the right end. Maybe they weren't coming, I thought. 

The assembly hall was mostly darkness since there was barely no light coming into the room. All the room contained where some dusty old furniture and other stuff that no one wanted and that was probably left from the 1920s. 

Suddenly, we heard something behind us. It was a squeaky sound of a door handle slowly being pulled down. We looked at the door that led into the suspended area, an area that had been closed since around the 1920s. A chill went through my core. I froze at first and just stared at the door handle, being pulled down. Then, we both ran as fast as we could, back to the right end, back to our friends. 

I still wonder what had opened that door, since no one had a reason to be in that closed area, and our friends were far away in the right end. I don't know if it could have been some weird person that had been hiding there for years, or something else...


No comments:

Post a Comment