Saturday, November 3, 2018

Spook Week #6 | Cleaning Services







































Hello, bookworms! This week, I'm trying something new that I call "Spook Week." What it means is basically that each day of this week, I write a ghost story here on this blog. The story will either be true, meaning it's something that I or someone I know have gone through, or it's false, meaning I made it up. In my Instagram story (senseandbookibility) I'll do a poll each day, asking if the story of that day is true or false. Then, at the end of the day, I will let you know if the story was, in fact, true or false. Lastly, I just want to say that this is something I do for fun, both because I love ghost stories and because I love the engagement in the bookish community and I hope that this is something that you will enjoy as well. 

Let the spooky story begin... 


Cleaning Services
I had worked as a cleaner for a while, going to different offices and big buildings to help people clean. We always worked in pares, both because it usually goes faster but also in case something happpens. This time, my cleaning partner and I were going to clean an old mansion that used to be a home but now is used for buisness meetings and other things. I wasn't really sure what excatly was going on daily in that building, I was just there to clean it. 

When we came to the mansion, I realized how long it would take to swoop those floors and clean all of those windows. This job would probably take the entire day, maybe even two days if we weren't working fast enough. We took our things and went inside. I looked at the high cealing, the staircase, and was stunnned. It was very beautiful.

We started by dividing the work. I was going to start on the second floor and my friend at the bottom floor. I went upstairs with my equipment. There were so many rooms. I started with the windows in the first room at my left. It looked like a pretty normal office. 

After I cleaned the windows in this room and cleaned everything else I was going to leave, but something made me stare at the windows again. I had just turned away for a couple of seconds and now they looked greasy again. I was surprised and thought that maybe I just imagined it, but it was still there after I blinked. Maybe I hadn't cleaned the windows? I was getting unsure, so I did it again, then left the room without looking back. 

In the next room, I did excactly the same thing, in my natural order. Nothing happened. I continued to clean the next couple of rooms and forgot about what happened in the first one, until I came to the last room. I was just done cleaning it when a book fell off one of the bookshelves standing against a wall. I put it back and shrugged my shoulders. It didn't have to mean anything. When I was going to open the door to leave, I cast one last glance at the office and realized that it looked unclean, as I had never cleaned it. I was so confused and did everything a second time. It still looked the same. As I was getting more and more frustrated and was ready to throw something, I heard my friend scream from downstairs. I ran as fast as I could in horror. I was so freaked out by what was going on upstairs. 

When I reached the bottom floor, my friend had a hand on her heart and laughed, bending slightly forward. I was surprised, because I was so sure I had heard her scream. I told her this and she said that she did, but she had only seen a spider. I was relieved and we got back to work. I didn't tell her about the situation upstairs. Instead, I went back up to finish. 

In the last room again, I froze. It looked clean. This was probably supposed to make me more relieaved, but I thought I was going crazy. Had I just imagined the things before? I was loosing my mind, I thought and laughed a little at my behavior. Then, I called to my friend, saying that I was done, and was just leaving the room when the same book as before fell to the floor...



No comments:

Post a Comment