Sunday, April 15, 2018

Book Recommendations | #1

Hi! If you haven't noticed the date in the end of my posts so far, the dates are so far back because I am currently changing blogs..sort of. I have had a Swedish blog for a while but recently I have been wanting a separate blog for bookish posts only and since I created an English Instagram account I did the same for this blog. So my first posts are from the other blog. I hope this makes sense. 

Here follows 5 books you have to read!

- The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-ExupĂ©ry (1943, 112 p.)

5/5
This book taught me that children's books also can be poetic and beautifully written. I recommend reading the actual physical book instead of listening to the audiobook, because you probably want to annotate some parts or look at some picture that are referensed in the audiobook. 
Goodreads Description

- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven (2015, 416 p.)

5/5
A tragic and beautiful YA book that easily makes your eyes tear up from time to time. It flirts both with life and death. 
Goodreads Description

- The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris (1988, 367 p.)

5/5
A thrilling detective story that keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole time. You don't have to read the first book before, i think..? I didn't, but after reading this I probably will. I wanted to read it all the time, but school made me put it down for a couple of hours a day. It was hard. But after only a few days I finished it.
PS. The book is so much better than the movie, just saying...
Goodreads Description

- Lord of the Flies by William Golding (1954, 208 p.)

4/5
A story about adventure and tragedies that mirrors realities cruel and animalistic behavior in normal human beings, normal young boys. A masterpiece, that should be appreciated by more youngsters as myself. Just because you are forced to read a book in school, does not mean it is bad. My favorite character, if anyone wonders, is Simon. He says the most brilliant quote in this book: "Maybe... maybe there is a beast, maybe it's only us." On point!
Goodreads Description


- Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline (2015, 361 p.)

5/5
When I revived this book at my birthday I had no idea what it was about or if it was any good. But after reading it I can't stop thinking about it, even though it has been months. It is based on a true story. It is one of those books I could re-read several times. Although nothing beats the first read. It is tragic, happy and brilliant. It made me think about my own grandparents and all of the stories they must hold. So many undiscovered tales that are just waiting for you to ask for them. And the best thing, they are being contained by the people that are the closest to you.
Goodreads Description


No comments:

Post a Comment