Monday, April 16, 2018

The Reading Habits Tag

Hi! Today I am going to do a book tag because I think that would make it easier for you to get to know me better. It is called The Reading Habits Tag and I found it on Youtube, therefor I am not sure who created this tag. 

The Reading Habits Tag


1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?

My bed. Sometimes I can sit in the couch as well, but I get easily interrupted if there is noise around me, so that's why I like reading in my room.

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?

Bookmark of course. But sometimes you don't have a bookmark for some reason and you have to use a piece of paper. That is still better than dog-earing a page, in my opinion.

3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/a certain amount of pages?

I want to stop after a chapter, but when I am reading on the buss I usually have to stop just like that. I hate when that happens, which is like everyday, because I just want to finish the chapter. Sometimes when I am reading I set a curtain goal, like "now I am going to read this amount of pages". 

4. Do you eat or drink while reading?

Usually no, unless it is tea. I love tea.

5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?

I would rather sit in quiet and read, because as I wrote earlier I have difficulty concentrating. But if I have to choose, then classical music in the background. Something like Beethoven or Bach. 

6. One book at a time or several at ones?

I try to read one book at a time because I prefer that. But now I am currently reading 4 books so as you might notice that plan is not working out. I am focusing on one book at a time though. 

7. Reading at home or everywhere?

I like it at home, it is cozy and warm but I can read almost anywhere unless there isn't too much noise. In the summer I usually read a lot at the beach for example.

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?

Silently in my head of course. But I like reading books for children as well. 

9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?

No, I can't skip pages. I feel like I would miss something important if I did that. But it happens that I glance at the next page. The eyes just wanders around and I can't control them. Yeah, it happens.

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?

I like keeping it like new. But most of the time that spine will break, especially since I prefer paperbacks over hardbacks. 

11. Do you write in your books?

No. There is nothing wrong with it, but I just can't. I add some sticky notes instead if I want to annotate.

That's it. Hope you like it. Have a good reading day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment