Sunday, April 15, 2018

The 5th Wave Trilogy | Book Review



Author: Rick Yancey
Pages: 1 115
Series: The 5th Wave 
My rating: 4/5 

Goodreads beskrivning (book 1)

After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.

Now, it's the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth's last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker. Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie's only hope for rescuing her brother-or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up...


My thoughts

This trilogy took me a while to read, but that is mostly because I reade multiple books in between. I started the series the fall of 2017 and finished it this January. 

I discovered this Si-Fi story on BookTube, although I do not remember from who. Before this series I had not read that much in english and this was the first book series that I finished after getting into the world of books again, after several years of not reading. It was not an easy start. The story was amazing, don't get me wrong, but the language was not simple for someone not born with english as a first language. I had to look up some words, but that's fine. Yancey also makes you think a lot, so I usually got a headache reading this book. But it was totally worth it.


The characters are utterly charming and develops with the story. You feel for them, especially Cassie since she is the first perspective you get familiar with. There are also a lot of twists and turns in these books ad they get more and more intense and astonishing. 


I highly recommend this series. I have learned a lot of english from the books and they are not only Si-Fi. You actually get a lot of humor every now and then to break the severity. Action and adventure describes these thrilling books as well. An alien invasion is not something that happens everyday, especially not one like this.


2018-01-15


No comments:

Post a Comment